Annual Leave: can be entered by the member of personnel and cancelled/modified by the group secretariat.

* further details: https://admin-eguide.web.cern.ch/node/734 **


Illness/Accident: In case of an absence due to illness or an accident, the member of personnel must inform the supervisor as well as the group secretariat by email or phone. The secretary will then register the absence in EDH. For any absences exceeding 3 consecutive days, a scanned copy of a medical certificate (issued max. 10 days after the 1st day of absence, original - copies are not accepted by HR) must be provided. The member of the personnel will keep the original certificate at least until the EDH document is fully approved. 

* further details: https://admin-eguide.web.cern.ch/node/768 **


Home Leave: can be registered by the member of personnel and - once approved - cancelled/modified by HR only.

* further details: https://admin-eguide.web.cern.ch/node/523 **


Leave for family reasons: can be registered by the group secretariat only. In case of such an event (marriage, maternity/paternity, illness of a close relative, etc.), please inform your supervisor as well as the group secretary. Depending on the event, a certificate justifying the absence must be presented (original - copies are not accepted by HR).

* further details: https://admin-eguide.web.cern.ch/node/776​ **


Paid Special Leave (= trip to home instutes for TECH & DOCT): can be registered by the group secretariat only. Technical and administrative students can have up to 2 days every 6 months of paid special leave, no expenses will be covered. In case of Doctoral students, they can profit of up to 5 days every 6 months, and once a year travel expenses can be cover (only the cost of the transport). 

* further details: https://te-dep-mpe-d8.web.cern.ch/content/students-section **